Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
- Upper and lowercase letter we are working on and right beside it is a sign language picture of the letter
- Shape of the week
- Color of the week
- Bible verse we are working on (verses from AWANA)
- Skip counting chart that I printed from here
- 100's chart (we mark off a block each school day)
- Letter activity cards that I printed from Homeschool Share to get the girls up and moving. I also found another set here to print once we go through all of the ones from Homeschool Share.
- Laminated sentence strip. We write a sentence and we talk about how sentences start with capitol letters, have punctuation, how many words are in the sentence etc. The possibilities are endless. I got this idea from my wonderful teacher friend.
- Number of the week
- Today's weather
The letters, shapes, colors and numbers are laminated flash cards I was given and I just attach them with a Velcro dot. Our bible verses are on rings so I can easily review with them and everything else is attached with double sided tape. I still have several open spots for us to add to the board and I thought about jazzing it up and making it more colorful but I am happy with it for now.
During circle time we also have a calendar that we use to talk about days of the week and months of the year. I always try to incorporate songs, books or simple games. Circle time usually lasts about 15 min.