Monday, July 5, 2010

Our Circle Time Board

We have always done circle time but I loved the circle time board that I first saw here. I wanted to make one for us because I thought it would be fun but the girls have loved it more then I thought they would! So on our board we have:


  • Upper and lowercase letter we are working on and right beside it is a sign language picture of the letter

  • Shape of the week

  • Color of the week

  • Bible verse we are working on (verses from AWANA)

  • Skip counting chart that I printed from here

  • 100's chart (we mark off a block each school day)

  • Letter activity cards that I printed from Homeschool Share to get the girls up and moving. I also found another set here to print once we go through all of the ones from Homeschool Share.

  • Laminated sentence strip. We write a sentence and we talk about how sentences start with capitol letters, have punctuation, how many words are in the sentence etc. The possibilities are endless. I got this idea from my wonderful teacher friend.

  • Number of the week

  • Today's weather

The letters, shapes, colors and numbers are laminated flash cards I was given and I just attach them with a Velcro dot. Our bible verses are on rings so I can easily review with them and everything else is attached with double sided tape. I still have several open spots for us to add to the board and I thought about jazzing it up and making it more colorful but I am happy with it for now.


During circle time we also have a calendar that we use to talk about days of the week and months of the year. I always try to incorporate songs, books or simple games. Circle time usually lasts about 15 min.


I got so much inspiration from here, here and here!


1 comment:

Sippy Cup Central said...

That is great, thanks for sharing.Karen
Sippy Cup Central