Monday, May 3, 2010

Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal

I have been in major baking mode lately. I have tried several new recipes lately but nothing to write home about until I made this yummy oatmeal this morning that came from here! I really liked it especially with milk poured over top. Let me know if you try it!!


Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
Mix all ingredients together and stir well. Spread in a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. If you like it a little crunchy on top cook for a few minutes longer. Serve with warm milk poured over top. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Christopher said...

I tried it and it was delicious! Of course, I did not have to make mine. I like that it would be easy to pack as a meal or snack on the go.

Anonymous said...

Poor Chris'

Amy Andrews said...

Oh! I'm making that tomorrow for Mother's Day!! My friend Lynn at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures came up with Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal and I can't wait to try it!!

(P.S. I could never come up with my own recipe as I am a bit cooking-challenged - LOL! - but I understand you have to be careful not to copy and paste a recipe directly...gotta rewrite it in your own words instead. Just an FYI...) :)