Monday, May 10, 2010

Letter B Activities

Two weeks ago we worked on the letter B. We did mostly butterfly activities but we also did a few bird things. I didn't take many pictures but I did take a few of our favorite activities.

We made the Life Cycle of a Butterfly using noodles. We used an orzo noodle for the egg, spiral noodle for the caterpillar, jumbo noodle for the cocoon and bowtie noodle for the butterfly. I copied the idea from Muses of Megret.
We made a tissue paper butterfly like the one at Confessions of a Homeschooler. We also did many other of her B ideas but I just didn't get any pictures.

We made these paper plate bluebirds like the ones from My Montessori Journey. Ellie enjoyed this because she didn't need any help from me!


I wish I would have taken more pictures of our other activities but I will do better next time:)

2 comments:

Mama Jenn said...

Hi Julie! You left a comment/question on my blog about my bread machine and I forgot to respond. I wasn't sure if you would check back, so I came over to your blog to answer the question. :-)

I really don't have a whole lot of recipes that I use. I mostly use it for pizza dough, whole wheat bread, white & french bread and my most favorite sticky cinnamon buns. The recipes for the buns and the bread are already posted on my blog. I really do need to get more creative and try more new stuff with it. Once I do, I will be sure to post what works! :-)

Sorry it took so long for me to respond!

Christopher said...

Beats the old B is for boy routine from school. I love the activities. I also love that I got the tissue butterfly as a desk decoration!