Thursday, April 14, 2011

Space

We finished up our 3 weeks of space last week. I think we all really enjoyed it. It is crazy how much I am learning along with the girls! I won’t show you all of our activities but I will show you the girls favorites.

Of course they loved doing the phases of the moon with Oreo cookies and eating them afterwards! This idea and printable came from Spell Out Loud.

DSC02166 DSC02168

We made a big moon to hang on the wall with homemade puffy paint by mixing shaving cream and glue together. I got the idea from No Time For Flashcards. This was very messy which means Emily loved it!

DSC02169 DSC02172

DSC02176 DSC02177 DSC02181

We cut out stars and moon using our homemade play dough. This is usually a hit or miss but luckily it was a hit!DSC02178 DSC02180

I set out stamps and stencils with a few sheets of paper but Ellie wanted to make a book. I love it when they take initiative. She wanted to narrate and illustrate it but I had to do all of the writing.

DSC02183 DSC02184

Pin Punching the constellations from here.

DSC02185

This is another fun activity from Spell Out Loud. You toss M&M’s on a piece of paper and wherever they land you make a little star, connect the dots and name your constellation. Oh and than eat the M&M’s of course!

DSC02186

A few of our other favorites I did not get a picture of were:

Film Canister Constellation

NASA’s website for kids

Eating astronaut ice cream

414C4W350WL__SL500_AA300_

and the hands down favorite -  Visiting the planetarium!

No comments: