Monday, May 9, 2011

What’s Happening??

It has been a very busy couple of weeks at our house so I thought I would just do a random post of some of the things that we have been up too.

Chris turned 40! That means that we have officially been together for half of his life:) I had a wonderful day of adventure planned for the two of us including kayaking, zip lining etc. but it rained all day on his birthday and was unseasonably cold but we didn’t let it ruin our day. We regrouped and spent a wonderful relaxing day together. He really is the most amazing, loving, giving person and I am not just saying that because he will probably read this:) Happy Birthday babe!

We had a crazy Easter!DSC02268 Just kidding….It was a wonderful day! DSC02277The weather was gorgeous and we were able to spend the day with family. I have to say though that I remember spending the entire day hiding and finding eggs with my siblings when I was younger. We would take turns hiding eggs over and over but my girls just don’t do that. They looked for eggs twice and were done.  

The girls spent a wonderful weekend with their dad at Grandpa’s which means……. I was home alone. This doesn’t happen often but when it does I take advantage of it! It was such a great weekend of shopping, eating, a little exercise, pedicure/manicure and lots of sleeping but I was so ready to see the girls and Chris! It is great to have a break but even better to get to see everyone after 2 1/2 days of down time.

We recently went to Great Wolf Lodge and had such an awesome time!!! I couldn’t believe how big the water park was for an indoor water facility. I love that you can swim a little and then head to your room for a break and a snack and then walk back downstairs and swim some more. The lodge gave a great great rate for homeschoolers and I really hope they will do that again because we would love to go back! Can you believe that I didn’t bring my camera?? I’m good like that:)

A friend and I are taking a cooking class based on the book Nourishing Traditions. We just finished our 2nd class out of 6. I have already learned so much! I will be writing more on this soon!

I am in school planning mode (aren’t I always) because I will be going to a Homeschool Convention soon. I am going to be purchasing Ellie’s curriculum for 1st grade and a preschool program for Emily because she will be done with RRSP by this fall.

OK if anyone is still reading that just about wraps up our last couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Katy @ Eat Drink & Decorate said...

as always - you've got so many fun and exciting things going on for the girls! Such a good mama!