Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm Back

I have had computer problems so I haven't been able to be on the computer much but we have been keeping busy as always! We started back to school after taking a few weeks off and although we all enjoyed the break we were all excited about starting back. I haven't made many changes to our curriculum but I have added themes back into our school weeks. Ellie is still trucking along with:

Explode the Code - Book 1
Math U See Primer
Happy Phonics - Still one of Ellie's favorites
Handwriting Without Tears
Learn to Read 100 Easy Lessons - Ellie's reading is really taking off
Five In A Row - I will blog soon about the last book we rowed

Our themes we will be working on the next 8 weeks are:
finishing up Halloween, scarecrows, turkeys, the book There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie, Thanksgiving and Christmas

I am also making circle time a priority because we slowly stopped incorporating it. I got motivated after reading this post by My Montessori Journey. The girls LOVE circle time so I don't know why I let it fall to the way side.



No comments: