Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Great Reminder

I was reading through The Family Book of Advent this morning and it was telling the story of when Gabriel announced to Zachariah that his wife Elizabeth would have a son. Zachariah responded in disbelief saying, "How can I be sure of this? After all I am really old, and my wife is old too." The book talks about how we as parents can act the same way as Zachariah.We speak from our "logical" perspective of what we know and what makes sense. "How will we make it if my husband loses his job or will the kids ever learn respect? What are we going to do?" It says "We cram God into confines of our own imaginations. We define what he can do by the size of our tiny worlds."

This is so true and I am guilty of this so often. Reading this was such a great reminder of how small I really am and how big God really is!!!!

Proverbs 3:5
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Ouch! I hear you. You know everything has to be logical to me. There are several translations of the Armor of God, but one I focus on and struggle with is the feet.

Eph 6:15 (NIV) ...your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

Readiness is what I focus on. To every be ready to move at God's direction, regardless of if it is logical to me. Focus and struggle with...thanks for the thought!