Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gearing up for Christmas

I am so excited this year about the Christmas season. I love the smells, the sounds (Christmas music) and just the excitement of it all. I really want to focus on the reason for the season with the girls this year. I have a lot of fun stuff planned such as crafts and outings but while we are doing these things I am looking forward to talking to the girls about Jesus and his birth. Recently I ordered this cute book I saw at the bookstore and I am looking forward to reading it to the girls each night.

Here is the description of the book from Amazon:Benjamin Bear is impatient for Christmas to come. To help the time pass quickly Mother Bear tells Benjamin that everyday he opens up a door on his advent calendar she will tell him a story. 24 stories in all about another bear and his long, arduous journey to Bethlehem. Little bear, lead by a glorious star, meets others on his journey. His journey filled with acts of heroism, kindness and small miracles show him the path to the Christ child. By the journey's end Benjamin Bear will understand and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I can't wait to see what all you come up with for Christmas! I love the book and I am excited about the stories as well.