- Started off reading the book while drinking hot chocolate and then putting the story in order using story cards from here. I made play dough with glitter and the girls made snowmen using pipe cleaners, google eyes, buttons and jewels (this was so fun)
- Decided what/who made the different tracks in the snow (I just free handed these on copy paper)
- Used dot markers on Letter S - snowman sheets from here
- Had a snowball fight with cotton balls (Couldn't take a picture because I had to get in on the action)
- Used the snowballs (cotton balls)to match up to snowman floor numbers from here
- Used the snowman numbers to play a game ( I would call out a number and have everybody to something silly on that number)
- Ate white chocolate snowballs (I got the recipe from here and just covered them in white chocolate instead of milk and they were so yummy)
- The girls matched the colored scarves to the colored snowman hats. I printed these here.
- Snowflake matching game printed from here
- After lunch we made snow cones
Gave everyone a tray of Cool Whip to practice writing S and lots of other letters (one of the girls favorites)
It was a very busy, fun day. I have to say Ellie's behavior for over half of these was not very good and she was uncooperative but thankfully she pulled it together and it all ended on a great note!