- I read the book and used our felt pieces as I told the story. I printed the pictures from Nick Jr and then I laminated the front and glued felt on the back. Nick Jr. had a lot of fun stuff to do with Olivia on there site.
- We went on a red hunt and loaded up our bags with all things red since that is Olivia's favorite color. Then we counted all of our things individually and then added them together.
- We painted pictures like the ones Olivia saw in the museum and while they painted I went over different things that happened in the book and asked the girls if Olivia made a good decision or bad decision and if it was bad how could she have done it differently.
- We practiced writing the letter "O" for Olivia.
- Talked about and acted like pigs since Olivia is a pig.
- Colored a picture of Olivia.
- Learned the sign for o and red
- Played with moon sand since Olivia built sandcastles at the beach with her mom.
Homeschool Share some neat ideas as well!