Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sue Patrick's Workbox System

I have being reading about Sue's Workbox System for months and months and really like the idea of it but wanted to actually read her book to learn more. I was so excited when I saw the she was actually going to be in my area and I got to go and here her talk about workboxes. It was so awesome and I learned so much!! For anybody out there who doesn't know what the workboxes are it is an organizational system for school work. I found this great explanation so if you want more detail you should check it out and look around because her blog is awesome!! I loved getting to hear Sue speak about the workboxes in person because we were able to ask questions and actually get a close up look of her wonderful ideas. I love structure and that is what the workbox system will bring to our school day. Like her book, she not only talked about the workboxes but she shared many of her resources and actual items she has made for her children. I wish I had just an ounce of her creativity. Needless to say we are getting ready to start uses the workbox system and I am sure I will be posting about our set up soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky you! I've read her book, but would love to hear her in person!

Melenie said...

Let us know how it goes. I bet the girls will love it.