Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stomach Bug and Food

I caught a NASTY stomach bug on Sunday night after a relaxing girls weekend away. Luckily my wonderful hubby took such good care of me and the girls. Since I was sick I didn't make up a menu for us this week but we made several fun foods last week. I know it is weird to do a food post while I am getting over a stomach bug but what can I say....we love food around here. We made Rice Krispy treats and in honor of valentines day we made them pink. They were really yummy!!

We also made fruit skewers. Ellie has always loved fruit but lately she has not really wanted fruit unless I had strawberries so I figured if I put the fruit on a stick she would want some and I was right. I made my skewer first and Ellie wanted hers to be just like mine so it was perfect because it snuck in a school lesson of pattering. We also made cereal muffins last week and they turned out really good. At first I didn't think they were sweet enough but after a few bites they became addictive and both girls loved them. Here is the recipe which came from this blog.

2 c. flour

1/2 c. sugar

3 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. salt

1 c. milk

1/4 c. oil

1 egg

1 c. ready-to-eat cereal

Mix all ingredients together, adding the cereal last. Pour batter into a 12 cup, greased muffin pan (or use muffin liners). Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.

No comments: