Saturday, April 11, 2009

Resurrection Eggs

I bought a set of Resurrection Eggs to help explain to the girls why we celebrate Easter. They are awesome. I wanted to wait and use them when Chris could participate but once Ellie saw the container she was determined to play with them, so we did. I had her open each egg while I told the story. I couldn't tell if she was really listening or not though. Well, tonight after we dyed eggs we pulled the Resurrection Eggs back out and while she opened them she told Chris what each item was and how they related to Easter. I was stunned. I had no idea she was not only listening but retaining the story of Jesus' Resurrection. It was a very proud moment:)

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I was impressed and it was so cute. My favorite was the crown of pricklies. When a child can take a story and put it in his\her own words...you really know it was understood. What a blessing children are to us!