Monday, March 8, 2010

School Things I Could Live Without But Don't Want Too

I have several school tools I am loving and wanted to share. Here is my list:


Elmer's Glue Pens. I love these and Emily LOVES these. They are so much easier to use then a bottle that can be hard to squeeze and a glue pen that can be goopy. It fits there hands so well but just be prepared to go through a ton because they are so easy to use that they are gone in no time. Luckily, they have them at the Dollar Tree!



My laminator. It is a GBC Heat Seal and now that I know Sam's has 200 laminating sheets for $20 I have been a laminating fool:)
My paper cutters. I have a small one, a letter size one and a big industrial one. Believe it or not all use all 3 of them often but I didn't have to pay for any of them. One was given to me by my sister, one came with the laminator and the last one my husband found who knows where:)


I just got this a few weeks ago but Hot Dots Pen. I originally learned about that from here (she gives a good explanation)but you can make just about anything into a flashcard/ multiple choice work. Ellie loves it and I love that she can check her own answers!!!



Based off Sue Patrick's recommendation I got a continuous ink system (this isn't the one we got) and to say I am in love is in an understatement. We purchased it new on Ebay. We still haven't completely got the color ink to print the colors exactly right but the b&w works awesome!! I think I could print non stop for a year before running out of ink.


Let me know if you have any questions about anything listed and I would love to hear what school tools you love!!!

4 comments:

Sippy Cup Central said...

Thanks for the great suggestions, Karen
Sippy Cup Central Mom

The Activity Mom said...

I've been wondering about that hot dots pen. thanks!

Christy Killoran said...

I have never seen the hot dots pen or those glue pens - both sound fantastic! Thanks.

A Learning Journey said...

I have to tell you about the Xyron 900. My hubby bought it for me through Amazon (it is sometimes cheaper) for Christmas. It laminates, creates stickers, and creates magnets. The cartridges are expensive, but I signed up for an e-mail subscription to Hobby Lobby (Michaels and Joanne's also have coupons). They send 20% or 40% off an item. I shop for refills when I receive the e-mailed coupons ... that is if we have the extra "moolah." The company also makes smaller machines ... I sometimes wish I also owned one of the smaller versions. Oh and Walmart sells them too.
Tracey