1. Cut triangle out of card stock. I made approx. 8 1/2 x 9"
2. Use triangle template to cut out two pieces from each fabric so you end up with 26 triangles.
3. Cut out all of the Happy Birthday letters from felt. I free handed mine but I am sure you could find letters on the Internet to trace.
4. Sew each letter on a separate triangle. I sewed them on with the machine but you could hand sew them. Now you have thirteen triangles with letters and thirteen without.
5. Once you have all the letters on you sew the 2 triangles that are alike together. Just sew the sides up and leave the top open.
6. Now it is time to sew all of the triangles together. I used bias tape to do this. I had never used it before so I watched this great tutorial on YouTube.
Don't worry about everything lining up perfectly etc. because the bias tape covers everything at the top and you can also trim any fabric that doesn't line up right. Here is the finished product.
I hope this makes sense!!