Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekly Menu

One of my New Year resolutions is to plan out a weekly menu preferably to coincide with what ever is on sale at Harris Teeter. If I can stick to this my life would be so much easier. Nothing is more stressful then trying to figure out what is for dinner at 4 while Emily is hanging on my legs and Ellie is begging me to play with her. Not to mention it will save me time and money and gives me another reason to make a list ( man I love lists). So I sat down last night and here is what I came up with:

Monday- Cube Steak w/gravy over rice and brussel sprouts
Tuesday - Pot Roast w/carrots, potatoes and onions
Wed - Salmon Patties w/black eyed peas and salad
Thursday - Shrimp Stir Fry
Friday - Chicken and dumplings with pintos
Sat. and Sunday will probably be leftovers

Ellie did her breakfast and lunch menu for the week:

Breakfast: Muffins, waffles, cereal, grits, and toast
Lunch: Baked potato, bagel faces, turkey dog, chicken nugget, muffin tin lunch



She has not complained once and it has made meal times so much more pleasant. She does so much better if she knows what to expect!!!

I would love some meal ideas because I get in such a dinner rut so please pass on any ideas!!!!!!! Don't be shy:)

1 comment:

Christopher said...

You Rock! I stink at meal ideas...I think we would always have beans and franks or Chicken with green beans and corn.